AnandTech Article Channel

Friday, November 19, 2010

Tis The Season For Upgrades ! HTC HD2 Software UPGRADE

Tis The Season For Upgrades ! HTC HD2 Software UPGRADE

I was certainly caught off guard by another pleasant surprise on the heels of my Samsung Galaxy S software update.

I decided to surf the HTC site to check on why the Desire HD was pulled from the local distros site and to see if there was a Sense update for my Desire. Imagine my surprise when I saw Software Update for the HD2 on my screen. I had to check the date to make sure it was not an archived update. Xmas is coming early to the mobile phone scene.

All we need now is a Desire HD, a Nexus 2 and a Canon EOS 7D and it would be a blissful Xmas.

Anyway I certainly cannot resist an upgrade so I downloaded it but since it was a 200mb file and it was a bit late, I decided to sleep and upgrade in the morning.

I just updated it and here are a couple of observations:

  • The update is from 1.66.707.1 to 3.14.707.3 (big jump)
  • It's not 6.5.3, or at least my start button is still on top, not that I mind
  • Phone is noticeably faster
  • Phone is notably warmer too

I normally use Cookies Home Tab, now in version 2.0 so I will install it later. I hope that there is no incompatibility.

Just sharing the good news, so if you want to upgrade your Asian HD2, here is the link:

http://www.htc.com/sea/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=1063&news_id=809


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo