AnandTech Article Channel

Monday, November 8, 2010

Impatiently waiting for the Galaxy S Froyo update and other thoughts






I've spent the better part of a month waiting for the Galaxy S Froyo update. Despite having installed different firmwares on my Samsung Omnia 2, I felt that I should not go out of my way to make up for the shortcomings of Samsung in posting updates.
I still like the Galaxy S, and I can't think of any phone that will takes its place as my primary phone for Globe. However, if I had to choose only one phone today, it would still be my HTC Desire. Perhaps this is why I am a bit impatient about the Galaxy Froyo update, after all, the first thing I did upon getting my Desire was to update it to Froyo 2.2.
The new date for the worldwide Froyo 2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S is November 11 so let's wait and see what will happen then.
In the meantime, I am currently on the lookout for a new phone so I can maintain 3 primary phones covering all the networks.
I already have Sun and Globe. All I am waiting for is an appropriate phone for Smart. Right now, my inclination is to use the Galaxy S for Smart and get a new phone for Globe. I considered the Iphone 4 but unless my work requires that I get an Iphone, I would much prefer to get the Desire HD. Windows 7 is also under consideration like the HTC HD7, but I am a very happy Android user right now and unless Windows 7 proves at the very least, equal to Android, I don't see a Windows 7 phone in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo