AnandTech Article Channel

Friday, November 19, 2010

Froyo Update Is HERE!

FINALLY! After months of waiting, it seems that the Froyo update from Samsung has arrived for Philippine Users, most notably, Globe subscribers like myself.

I had already decided not to wait and just update my phone directly using Odin so I was checking the forums today for the best firmware to use. Then, a few minutes ago, I decided to surf a local Samsung user group and saw the announcement by a member that the update was online!

I thought it might be another false alarm but decided to fire up KIES anyway and to my surprise, it was offering to upgrade my unit.

SO I am currently upgrading my Galaxy S and I am pretty much excited to see how it will compare to the Froyo on my Desire.

I'll post my feedback on the upgrades later.

THANK YOU Samsung. I sincerely hope that the 2.3 update and the Gingerbread might happen a bit faster in the future.

Perhaps there is room in my future for a Nexus 2 J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo