AnandTech Article Channel

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Interim Update On The Desire Firmware Update

I've upgraded my Desire and here are a few preliminary observations:

  • While I still recommend backing up, nothing disappeared from my phone
  • Upgrade did not take that long, barely 2 minutes after the download
  • It is NOT an HTC sense update
  • It is NOT a Gingerbread update either
  • Honestly aside from the version changes, I have not noticed anything new
  • According to the HTC site, it's the market upgrade but I have not yet noticed anything different
  • Speed / response appears to be the same

I requested HTC for a changelog and as soon as they send it to me, I'll post it here.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, please keep us updated. I myself am trying to find out the changes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. Thanks too for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jac,
    This might help reg the recent HTC update: http://blog.gsmarena.com/android-market-app-gets-updated-with-new-interface-refunds-now-limited-to-15-minutes/

    Also, I have recvd the following response from HTC customer service in South - East Asia:

    "This update is to make your OS run more smoothly but no features is added for this update. Recently the 2.3 is released and when it is offered to HTC phone models, we will get back to you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info Mohammed!

    Hopefully we can see 2.3 on the Desire very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo