AnandTech Article Channel

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HTC Desire Z LCD Problem

    

Well I took the plunge because my Desire seemed to be acting up a bit, losing signal which necessitated rebooting. So since it is my main phone, I went ahead and got a Desire Z. I selected this over the other phones because it offered the best balance between usability and battery life. I also felt that the hardware keyboard was something I could use in my business phone.

So I got it today and as is my usual practice, went over the phone with a fine toothed comb. I brought out my trusty energizer LED light to inspect the screen for dust particles under the screen. This was where I saw to my horror, at least 10 blemishes under the screen which resembled automotive tint when air bubbles were left inside.

I promptly called the store where I brought it from and informed them that I would be returning the unit and that I hoped the replacement would be checked for such a defect.

The store owner was quite accommodating and ordered the replacements. I returned the phone this evening and will be getting my replacement phone tomorrow.

This is by no means a review yet, but I have to say that I am disappointed that HTC Philippines would allow such a device to pass through their quality control. This reminds me of the incident I had with my HD2 where there was what appeared to be a small bubble under the screen which I had replaced right away too. I hope it's not an indication that they try to pass off the lower quality handsets first because they will never hear the end of it from me.

It is a bit of a hassle for me to take 2 hours of my day just to return the phone and I can understand that these things do happen but this is two out of three for HTC so I am a bit disappointed. After all, my HD2 is not yet a year old so for this to happen twice in a year is a bit too much.

Anyway, I will be looking forward to receiving a good and defect free unit tomorrow. If I get a lemon one more time, then I will proceed and lodge a complaint with the DTI.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo