AnandTech Article Channel

Monday, December 6, 2010

THE GOOGLE PHONE REBORN - NEXUS S by Samsung



Here we go again. I guess tech followers should know better by now, that in the mobile phone market it all begins with rumors and before you know it, the mythical phone suddenly has a shipping date!
So that's the story of the next iteration of the Google phone. The Google Nexus S is a reality and is shipping in UK on December 20!
Do I want one? Well let's put it this way, the Nexus S is the reason why I decided not to get a 2nd Galaxy S.
And why not? Who wouldn't be seduced by Android 2.3, a new tech called NFC or near field communication, the 1GHZ Hummingbird processor, Super Amoled, flash for the camera etc. It's enough to make a grown geek cry…
I just got a Desire Z because I knew that even if the Nexus S was real, it would be arriving here in the 1st quarter of 2011. This means I can't get the Nexus anytime soon.
BUT there is a reason why I am not too sad, (ok not VERY VERY VERY SAD, just VERY, VERY SAD). You see the dual core mobile phone processors will be coming VERY soon so as the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait so while I am excited at the prospect of a new Google phone, I might delay any decision UNLESS an irresistible offer comes along. Of course those who know me know how easy it is to make me an offer.
Here is the official Google Nexus S page
http://www.google.com/nexus/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo