AnandTech Article Channel

Friday, June 12, 2009

Phone Firewall Stuff

I mentioned in my first post that I was going to use a software called Advanced Call Manager (ACM) to filter my calls and messages on my Sony P1i.

Well after scouring the web for opinions and reviews, I came across this other software which is highly recommended by quite a number of users. Its called Mcleaner and its available for the UIQ3, Iphone, Symbian OS and many other platforms.

By the way, these types of software are also known as mobile phone firewalls. Pretty slick term for a built in function in my Samsung ..... ok pardon my sour graping again.

Anyway, the advantage this one has over ACM is that it filters both SMS and calls. It also has a neat feature called scheduler along with profiles which makes it very easy to set up your phone.

If you're interested in trying it out you can download an evaluation copy here.

I'll try out the ACM too, they have a version for my 6120 classic so i'll update this post with my thoughts on ACM and my experience with Mcleaner.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo