AnandTech Article Channel

Monday, June 27, 2011

Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0 RC 1 is here!




Good news for Cyanogen Mod 7 users. The CM7 7.1.0 RC1 is available already. Early reports indicate that it is a very well received version.

If you have ROM Manager installed, it will be available as one of the options under the Cyanogen option.

I installed this last night on my Desire and Desire Z (no I wasn’t overeager, just stumbling all over myself). 

I just wiped the Dalvik cache, not the data and everything is running fine.

You can view the official changelog here:

I’ll post my subjective changelog at a later time, but in the meantime here’s one of the best parts about it: you get the 2.3.4 software so that alone is pretty awesome.

By the way, the whole process took less than 20 minutes and it’s pretty much straightforward.

Here is the link to the main Cyanogen Mod site:

And the link to the 7.1.0 is here:
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your comments on the post.

Android and Me

Android Tapp

TechRadar: All latest feeds

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

GigaOM — Tech News, Analysis and Trends

Android Phone Fans

Phone Scoop - Latest News

IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis

MobileBurn.com

All About Symbian - News

Engadget

Gizmodo